Why Your Industrial Electronics Should Be in Your HACCP
Regardless of what role your company plays in the food industry — storage, production, manufacturing or transportation — incorporating your industrial electronics as part of a hazard analysis is a necessity. Critical control points can ensure that your industrial equipment is working properly, minimizing the risk of foodborne illnesses. Ensure your business is adhering to proper guidelines and performing its manufacturing process accurately and safely by including your industrial electronics in your HACCP system.
What Is HACCP?
HACCP stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point in the food industry. A HACCP system requires critical control points during the handling, process and manufacturing of food products, greatly minimizing the possibility of safety hazards. The seven principles of HACCP are as follows:
- Oversee a hazard analysis.
- Pinpoint critical control points (CCPs).
- Create critical limits.
- Manage CCPs closely.
- Establish a corrective action.
- Use verification activities.
- Keep a HACCP recording system.
When used in conjunction, these seven HACCP principles can streamline food manufacturing and ensure that any food being processed is safe for consumption, reducing the risk of any chemical, biological or physical dangers.
Why It’s Important to Include Your Industrial Electronics in Your HAACP
Because conducting a hazard analysis is crucial during the food manufacturing process, your company should include your industrial electronics in the seven-principle process of your HACCP system to be as thorough as possible. Whether your company is a food storage facility, processing plant or factory, your industrial electronics play a key role during food production. It’s important to check them frequently and ensure the food isn’t at risk for spreading illnesses.
Checking your industrial electronics as part of your HACCP system is beneficial in multiple ways. By following this process, you can:
- Produce foods that are safe for consumption: The HACCP system is in place for a reason — to keep foods safe. When your company follows these guidelines, your business will gain credibility among consumers and in the food manufacturing industry.
- Ensure your industrial electronics are functional: By checking your industrial electronics during the CCP of your HAACP system, you can have peace of mind that your company’s equipment works properly and efficiently. If you do notice any issues, you can correct them and streamline your production.
- Follow proper FDA and USDA guidelines: Following FDA and USDA procedures and guidelines is crucial if your company plays a role in the cold chain production process, and the HACCP system is no exception.
Contact Global Electronic Services for Reliable Industrial Electronic Repairs
Conducting a hazard analysis with your industrial electronics can bring potential equipment issues to light. At Global Electronic Services, we provide repair services to improve the functionality and safety of your production. We pride ourselves on providing speedy, reliable repairs on an array of equipment.
If you’re experiencing any issues with your company’s industrial electronic repairs, let us take care of it and restore the safety and reliability of your processing. Get a project quote today or call us at 877-249-1701 to learn more.