New SAP Solutions Help Manufacturers Streamline Operations
Those in the manufacturing industry will soon have another solution available to help guide them in their digital transformations. Software giant SAP recently announced a new product suite that will combine the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), predictive analytics, and supply networks to streamline manufacturing facility activity. This new solution will allow facility leaders to optimize manufacturing performance, improve production quality and efficiency, ensure worker safety, and easily collaborate with a network of industry professionals.
SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud
SAP introduced its Digital Manufacturing Cloud at industrial technology trade show Hannover Messe in Hanover, Germany, April 23, 2018.
“Our manufacturing cloud solutions help customers take advantage of the Industrial Internet of Things by connecting equipment, people and operations across the extended digital supply chain and tightly integrating manufacturing with business operations.” — Bernd Leukert, SAP SE Executive Board Member
According to SAP SE Executive Board Member Bernd Leukert, the solution will benefit those in the manufacturing industry who require predictive, networked, intelligent solutions in the Industry 4.0 era.
In fact, the Digital Manufacturing Cloud will include a suite of solutions:
- The SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud for Execution uses Industry 4.0 technology and integrates business operations with the shop floor for companies with single or global installations.
- The SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud for Insights allows manufacturers to improve performance and operations through data-driven performance management.
- The Predictive Quality solution provides manufacturers with insights and predictive algorithms to optimize and streamline process specifications and quality management.
- The Manufacturing Network deploys the SAP Ariba Network to allow companies and industry service providers to collaborate on design, manufacturing, and procurement.
SAP expects these solutions to be available by the end of the second quarter of 2018.
Furthering digital transformation
The SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud offers additional benefits as it guides manufacturers through their digital transformations.
- Complete visibility of components and materials
- Paperless production
- Reduction in losses, defects, and inconsistencies in production
- Corrective action recommendations
- Facilitated connection with over 3.3 million suppliers and buyers
SAP also announced the Connected Worker Safety platform at Hannover Messe 2018. This solution will utilize sensor-enabled equipment such as wearables to ensure constant compliance. Manufacturers can use the real-time information to reduce risks and costs while keeping employees safe.
Choosing the right technology
The SAP Digital Manufacturing Cloud is just one of the many technology options available to manufacturers. Advancements in technology like the IIoT, cloud computing, robots, automation, 3D printing, and more are streamlining and digitally revolutionizing the manufacturing industry. Which will you choose on your facility’s path to digital transformation?