9 Insightful Manufacturing Podcasts for 2022
If you commute more than 20 minutes to work each day, you have time to listen to a podcast, and if you’re in manufacturing, there are more than enough podcasts to pique your interest.
Here’s a look at nine of the most insightful manufacturing podcasts of 2022, and a little on why they belong in your weekly rotation.
- Industrial Talk is hosted by Scott MacKenzie and focused on the industrial workplace. From building a strong manufacturing culture to topics on safety, efficiency, and innovation, MacKenzie examines the many facets of manufacturing success from an operational standpoint. Episodes range from 15 to 45 minutes.
- Making Chips is a podcast for and about manufacturing leaders. Its hosts are manufacturing business owners and managers themselves, and they frequently interview other leaders from across the industry to gain insight into everything from management practices to industry outlooks. Episodes range from 30 to 45 minutes.
- Manufacturing Happy Hour, hosted by Chris Luecke, regularly interviews industry leaders across all sectors of manufacturing. It’s a great listen for those who want real-life insight and use cases they can apply in their own manufacturing environment. Episodes range from 30 to 45 minutes.
- The Manufacturing Executive is specifically focused on midsized manufacturing companies, with interviews designed to empower listeners in a position to innovate in their own factory. This podcast also features sales and marketing content to help producers attract new business. Episodes run roughly 30 minutes.
- Gemba Academy is all about lean manufacturing. Gemba Academy co-founder Ron Pereira interviews a manufacturing authority each week to spotlight the power of lean thinking. A productivity-focused podcast, this one is a must-listen for anyone interested in lean Six Sigma leadership. Episodes range from 25 minutes to an hour.
- Conquering Chaos examines the technology practices of game-changing manufacturers and how factory innovation takes shape. The show covers all things manufacturing technology, with a specific focus on how leaders are driving change at both micro and macro levels throughout the industry. Episodes are about an hour long.
- Advanced Manufacturing Now is a podcast from industry authority SME Media that dives into advanced manufacturing topics. This podcast offers a breadth of insight, making it a good listen for manufacturing leaders who want to think bigger and take their cues from global leaders. Episodes range from 25 to 45 minutes.
- The Manufacturing Report is a relative newcomer on the podcast scene, but it’s worth listening to for keeping up on current events, industry challenges, and trends. Hosted by Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul, the show covers manufacturing in the context of relevant policy and economics. Episodes range from 25 to 35 minutes.
- Today in Manufacturing is a longer podcast, but it’s the de facto choice for staying up on current events in manufacturing. It’s a weekly podcast covering five of the week’s biggest news items in depth. It’s well worth a listen for those who want to keep an eye on the broader trajectory of the industry. Episodes run over an hour.
Podcasts are the perfect mix of information and entertainment, and there are enough manufacturing podcasts for anyone in the industry to pick and choose the topics most relevant to their interests. Put a few of these shows into your weekly rotation to stay apprised of manufacturing at every level.