8 Manufacturing Podcasts to Follow in 2021
Podcasting has become one of the most popular information-sharing mediums in the world today. It combines the accessibility of radio with the diversity of blogs, giving people with niche interests or opinions no shortage of podcast options. Manufacturing especially has broken into the podcast scene in a big way in 2020, and many shows are carrying that momentum into 2021. Here’s a look at eight manufacturing podcasts worth following in 2021 and why they’re gaining popularity.
- Manufacturing Talk Radio. This podcast has been around longer than many of the others on this list. Now in its sixth year, there are hundreds of backlogged episodes covering all areas of manufacturing — some of them with more than a million downloads. Best of all, they’re all tagged and flagged, making it easy to search by topic!
- Making Chips. This is perhaps the most popular podcast on this list, largely thanks to the charisma and wisdom of hosts Jason Zenger and Jim Carr. It’s the perfect marriage of entertainment and informative media, covering manufacturing concepts through the eyes of expert guests from across the spectrum of industry.
- Manufacturing Happy Hour. Join host Chris Luecke as he sits down with manufacturing leaders to discuss everything from up-and-coming trends to manufacturing mainstays. While it clocks in at a deceptive 45 minutes per episode, this podcast is easily added to any weekly rotation. It covers plenty of modern-era topics, making it one you’ll look forward to each week.
- Gemba Academy. You should know right from the title that this podcast is one that swings heavily in favor of discussing Lean manufacturing processes. Each episode welcomes a knowledgeable guest who shares their take on everything from current events to manufacturing challenges, addressing the importance of Lean ideals.
- Make it Right. Our vote for best title, this podcast aims to live true to its name. Hosted by Janet Eastman, each episode is devoted to leveraging new technologies, practices, and opportunities into manufacturing success. There are plenty of noteworthy guests and the topics themselves are always immersive. These half-hour episodes fly by!
- Advanced Manufacturing Now. Produced by SME, this is perhaps the most educational of the podcasts on this list. It’s designed to take a deep dive into specific topics in manufacturing, leaning on guests and recent news to drive home important points on relevant manufacturing subjects.
- MFG TMW. Short for “manufacturing tomorrow,” this podcast looks ahead at the cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions paving the way for Industry of the future. It’s produced by the Ohio Manufacturing Institute at The Ohio State University and features some truly top-shelf guests.
- The Manufacturing Report. Looking for an authoritative podcast? It gets no more authentic than The Manufacturing Report, hosted by Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing. This podcast covers more macro topics in the field of manufacturing and is a good listen for management, thought leaders, and influencers.
Although you might not have enough time to add all these podcasts to your weekly rotation, we recommend adding at least one or two of them. Podcasts are one of the simplest ways to get noteworthy and new information about the changing manufacturing industry. Tune in and learn, then put that information to work in your operations!